Key Field in line for pandemic funds
By Bill Graham
U.S. Senators Roger Wicker, R-Miss., and Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss., have announced $11.6 million in grants to 63 Mississippi airfields experiencing economic disruption because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The awards were funded in the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act for airports and eligible concessionaires, according to a news release.
In all, the FAA awarded $11,622,567 to Mississippi, with the largest grants being:
- Key Field, Meridian – $1,010,947
- Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport, Jackson – $3,747,799
- Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport – $2,958,641
- Golden Triangle Regional Airport, Columbus – $1,028,626
- Tupelo Regional Airport – $1,008,459
- Hattiesburg- Laurel Regional Airport – $1,006,447