East Mississippi airports receive federal grants for upgrades
By Bill Graham
Two airports in East Mississippi are in line for federal grants to improve their facilities.
The FAA grants include full reimbursement for the local match requirement as a result of the CARES Act, according to a news release.
U.S. Senators Roger Wicker, R-Miss., and Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss., announced the grants on Monday.
The FAA grants for Mississippi will support the following airport improvement projects:
· Key Field, Meridian - $1,638,520 and $83,965 to improve airport drainage and erosion control.
· James H. Easom Field, Newton - $511,771 to improve and rehabilitate the hangar.
· George M. Bryan Airport, Starkville - $299,114 to install weather reporting equipment.
· Bruce Campbell Field, Madison - $271,000 to install weather reporting equipment and rehabilitate the apron.
· Greenville Mid-Delta Airport, Greenville - $197,100 to rehabilitate the taxiway.